Alfred, NY 14802
Full-time Hematology/Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant needed at a top facility in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a Hematology/Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant to join our expanding practice. This is a great opportunity to work as part of an interdisciplinary clinic team in providing cancer care to oncology patients in the region.
- Practice with a team comprising of one Physician, Nursing, Medical Assistant and Secretarial support.
- Personalized 12 week orientation working closely with our physicians, advanced practice and our orientation coordinator. Much of the planning can be done remotely.
- Opportunity to develop proficiency in bone marrow biopsy procedures and chemotherapy ordering.
- Teleconference available for educational opportunities.
- 5 class days annually with incentives for additional future funding.
General Position Responsibilities:
- 60% Direct patient care in ambulatory clinics and infusion center coverage
- 10% New patient evaluations and consults
- 25% follow up telephone calls to oncology patients and care providers concerning changes in medical condition, medication adjustments, prescription renewals, triage to avoid ED if possible
- 5% participates in the development and implementation of patient care protocols. Develops and presents educational material as appropriate, serves as a clinical resource for staff
- Works collaboratively with nursing to provide services needed for our patients
- Patient and family education and symptom management
* Physician Assistant or Certified Nurse Practitioner in New York State
* Ability to work cohesively in a team with good communication
* Excellent organizational and team skills essential
* Flexibility in your role to meet the needs of our patients
* Proven ability in exercising independent judgement and self-directed initiative
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!