2020-07-152020-10-02Job Type:Advanced Practice Practitioners (Nurse Practitioner)Job Number: KD7241910
Seeking an experienced Palliative Care Field Nurse Practitioner to join a great team in Indiana.
Join one of the nations leading community-based palliative care provider. Specialized in providing an extra layer of support to patients facing a serious illness through an ambitious palliative care program focused on caring for patients in their homes and outpatient clinics. Our clinicians are experts in providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness; helping patients and caregivers navigate the healthcare system; guiding patients and caregivers through difficult and complex treatment choices; and providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families.
About the Nurse Practitioner Role
Our Nurse Practitioners play a vital role – and this is an ideal choice for the individual who has the passion, devotion, and desire to impact the lives of the patients and families we serve in palliative care. Our NPs collaborate with our Lead Physicians, the patient’s other physicians and providers, and their family members to develop complex plans of care in accordance with the patient’s health status and overall goals and values. We have network of support in our Patient Care Center, which enables us to provide a comprehensive network of clinical and non-clinical support to you. In addition, our NPs take part in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings, call schedules and scheduled in-service and education sessions.
What you’ll be doing
• You’ll be providing services in home settings, traveling within your designated territory to provide excellent care to a small number of patients daily. • This means you will develop and implement clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and complex conditions (e.g., co-morbid medical and mental health diagnoses, limited personal resources, chronic medical conditions) • You will gather history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed, and then develop and implement treatment plans given the patient’s goals of care and current conditions • An important element of the role is the ability to meet the patient’s and family’s physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from the inter-disciplinary team • Our NPs educate patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention • Each day, you will be in contact with other clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family – in a timely basis and consistent with state regulations and standards and policy • You’ll be supported along the way by our Patient Care Center, which provides another layer of interaction with the patient and patient families, and provides our NP’s clinical and non-clinical administrative support. • Each day, you’ll maintain patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy through our EMR system. • Participate in continuing education as required by the state Board of Nursing • Prescribe medication as permitted by the state Board of Nursing • Other related duties as deemed necessary
• Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner with appropriate certification and licensure is required
• Previous experience in home-based services, complex cases and/or palliative care is preferred; some bedside hospital, oncology, ER or ICU experience a plus
• Possession of DEA registration or eligibility required
• CPR certification required
• As our NPs need to have a reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and minimum state required liability auto insurance, and you are reimbursements for mileage as you travel in personal vehicle to scheduled appointments
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure that each of your interactions with patients, family caregivers, clinicians, and team members is effective and meaningful.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!