Reno, NV 89503
Seeking a Board Certified Pathologist Assistant to join our team!
-Monday – Friday 11 am to 7:30 pm (with potential for 10 am – 6:30 pm depending on the efficiency of the PA.)
-We are currently averaging 128 accessions (cases) per day, 205 specimens per day, and 188 blocks per day.
-The specimen types vary greatly, from large surgicals such as prostatectomy, breast, colon, an occasional limb, etc., to small biopsies such as needle cores, GI biopsies, and also derm's and other miscellaneous. We do not perform autopsies. There is a gross tech that assists for roughly 3 ½ hours in the evenings with non-complex grossing only (i.e. mostly the small biopsies and skins) but the majority of the grossing is done by the PA.
-We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, that is dependable and self-motivated. We're a small lab and we have a great team here so we need someone that has a positive attitude, is flexible, and can work well with others. Definitely must be someone that can handle the workload and get all the grossing done each day while maintaining a high level of quality and patient care.
• Bachelors Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity
• State licensure, if applicable.
• Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
• Completion of a Pathologists Assistant program accredited by the American Society
for Clinical Pathology.
• Successful completion of an Online Medical Terminology Program upon
commencement of employment.
• Successful completion of a visual color discrimination test.
• Successful completion of annual continuing education units per state licensure and/or
• Computers, computer programs, information system(s), scanners, dictation machine,
forceps, rulers, band saw, issue dyes, scalpel or razor blades, microtomes, cryostats,
water baths, slide rack, tissue processors, drying ovens, automatic stainers, cover
slippers, and personal protective equipment.
• Knowledge of CLIA regulations regarding proficiency testing, quality assurance and
• Knowledge of laboratory policies and procedures, equipment, and testing to monitor
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Skill in using computer programs and applications.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!