Richmond, VA 23290
Full-time Pathologist Assistant needed at a TOP hospital in Virginia!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Department: Anatomic Pathology Core Lab
Job Details: Bachelors degree is required
Anatomic Pathology Core Lab is seeking a full time Pathologist Assistant to provide service as a Pathologists' Assistant (PA) to the Department of Anatomic Pathology. Performs as a PA to the Gross Room Area, performing administrative, personnel, and technical QC/QA functions. Provides technical instruction to personnel, residents and students, documenting training and competency. Maintains laboratory procedure manuals and insures compliance of all above areas. Jointly responsible for all technical QC/QA functions for said areas. Assists in the preparation and performance of human surgical specimen dissection. Performs specific tasks and duties under the direction and supervision of Pathologists. Assists in the preparation and performance of human postmortem examinations.
* Bachelor's Degree in Life or Health Science from accredited program plus 3 years of American Academy of Pathologists' Assistant approved on-the-job training work experience; or Master's Degree in Science from an accredited Pathologists' Assistant Program. Masters Degree in Science from an accredited Pathologists' Assistant Program is preferred.
* PA (ASCP) Certification within one year of hire or promotion into position.
* Previous work experience as a Pathologists' Assistant in an academic setting is preferred.
* Previous experience in histologic and histologic procedures, dissection and laboratory management is preferred.
* Previous experience in the preparation and performance of human surgical specimen dissection and autopsy dissection is preferred.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume fore review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!