White Plains, NY 10601
Full-time Pathologist Assistant needed in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Position Summary: Provides anatomic pathology services under the direction and supervision of a board-certified anatomical Pathologist. Prepares specimens by applying appropriate gross examination so the submitted samples are ready for processing. Train and supervise grossing technicians/trainees, document their training and provide some departmental oversight as deem appropriate by leadership.
- Assures appropriate specimen accessioning.
- Receives specimens and closely monitors requisitions for diagnosis.
- Assesses specimens with the naked eye, with insight into any pathological processes that may be present.
- Assesses and assigns appropriate specimen coding.
- Dictates and or transcribe a gross description for each specimen according to prescribed training and lab manuals.
- Takes appropriate section for Histologic preparation.
- Complies with established safety and biohazard regulations.
- Follows all quality control/assurance and improvement regulations in accordance with established procedures.
- Help supervise Grossing technicians and assist them in grossing when needed.
- Train new grossing technician and perform competency tests and evaluation before independently processing occurs.
- Document all training.
- Provide training to existing employees for any change in procedure and techniques and documentation of training.
- Interacts effectively with the lab employees, pathologists and others.
- Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
* BS/MS in related field. ASCP certified Pathologist Assistant Degree is plus. NY State licensed or eligible.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to learn internal software programs.
* Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English; excellent organizational skills; cooperative working relationship with peers and management; dependable, flexible and adaptable in all aspects of work; must be able to work quickly and efficiently, in accordance with the amount of specimens received.
* Requires constant use of hands and fingers.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!