Annapolis, MD 21411
Full-time Pathologists' Assistant needed at a top hospital in Maryland!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Pathologists' Assistant (Histopathology) – Full-time / Day shift, 8a-4:30p, Mon-Fri.
Job Summary: Under supervision of a pathologist, assists with preparing, dissecting, and selecting pathology specimens for analyses.
Essential Job Duties:
- Espouses the principals of Lean Thinking and creates a work environment that positively promotes continuous process improvement. Explores opportunities to add value to job (innovative ideas) to benefit the organization and taking ownership of the outcome. Proactively finds other work-related tasks during low census.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation (hand offs).
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Orders or accessions appropriate tests in Laboratory Information System (LIS) as requested by authorized provider by accurately reading and interpreting orders and being familiar with test mnemonics.
- Under the general supervision of a Pathologist, assists in the collection (autopsy) and gross examination of surgical and autopsy specimens for diagnostic evaluation and reporting. Performs functions to established productivity guidelines with minimal errors.
- Assists Pathologist with frozen section by preparing tissue and producing slides.
- Operates and maintains laboratory instrumentation. Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshoots problems to the full extent of ability.
- Participate in the training of new staff and students by serving as a mentor and technical resource.
- Actively participates in the laboratory quality plan/program (ex. investigative reports, notification of delays, etc.)
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with course work sufficient to meet the requirements of the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) for certification as a Pathologists Assistant.
* In lieu of ASCP certification as a Pathologists Assistant, consideration will be given to those who have completed a four year medical degree and at least one year of pathology residency.
* Preferred Qualifications: One year of experience working in an acute care facility as a PA(ASCP).
* Certification as a Pathologist Assistant
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!