Salem, OR 97301
Reference Code: NER0017
Salary range for this position is 80k – 100k – we have experienced staff around the midpoint.
Shift is M-F, first shift (hours somewhere between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm – tbd)
Job Summary: Assists in the performance of surgical pathology services and may assist in the performance of
autopsies under the general supervision of a Pathologist.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
• Maintains effective laboratory operations by adhering to standards of specimen
collection, preparation, or laboratory safety.
• Documents specimens by verifying patient and specimen identification.
• Assists Pathologists in the preparation, grossing, and dissection of surgical specimens.
• Examines and prepares surgical pathology specimens.
• Selects and identifies tissue for microscopic study.
• Triages specimens received from surgery, dictates gross findings on selected specimen
using appropriate terminology, and refers tissue sections for microscopic review by
• Maintains records of surgical pathology specimen dissections and dictation and assists in
the compilation of reports for surgical pathology.
• Labels and stores gross tissue specimen.
• Photographs specimen samples as appropriate for use in instruction and documentation.
• Maintains and coordinates specimen and records for specialized procedures using
appropriate protocols and submits requests for special histologic procedures and special
stains, when appropriate.
• Assists Pathologist with eviscerations and gross anatomic dissections.
• Removes or may remove organs, portions of bone, or other samples of tissues for any
specialized study or research.
• Collects or may collect special materials for toxicological, viral, and bacteriological
assays and performs special procedures for tumor triage, coronary artery perfusion, and
• Maintains records, maintains laboratory, labels, and stores gross tissue obtained during
• Monitors and orders supplies.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality.
• Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and
departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
• Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity
• State licensure, if applicable.
• Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
• Completion of a Pathologists Assistant program accredited by the American Society
for Clinical Pathology.
• Successful completion of an Online Medical Terminology Program upon
commencement of employment.
• Successful completion of a visual color discrimination test.
• Successful completion of annual continuing education units per state licensure and/or
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Thank you for taking the time to look at my current job openings. Natalie has specialized in working with allied healthcare professionals for over 7 years. As the Healthcare Recruiting Manager at K.A. Recruiting, she takes pride in building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates in order to address hiring needs as well as individual career goals for her candidates. She has worked with Physicians, Advanced Level Practitioners, Therapists, Nurses, Nurse Leaders, Laboratory, and other Allied Health candidates to assist them in securing permanent positions nationwide. Natalie has had a successful track record that is founded on the highest standard of quality combined with taking the time to personalize each candidate's job search to help them secure a long-term position. If you are looking for a full-time permanent position anywhere in the country I would love to hear from you! Please connect with me on LinkedIn Here: