Concord, CA 94518
Full-time Manager of Payroll needed at a top hospital right outside of San Francisco!
(Reference Code: KAM)
- Under the leadership of the AVP Finance/Controller, the payroll manager carries out the strategy and vision for Payroll supporting the hospital's strategic plan, quality commitment, and values, while complying with the system’s policies / procedures and all applicable laws and standards.
- The manager is responsible and accountable for overall management of payroll staff and processes which includes assessing, planning, implementing, auditing and evaluating all aspects of services delivered; ensuring timely payroll, quality programs and a level of customer service that strives to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- The manager develops and mentors a high-performing team for all areas of responsibility through the practice of excellent employee relations, attention to employee needs (including fostering effective working relationships training, developing/coaching and evaluating), performance improvement initiatives, a collaborative environment, and initiating personnel actions, when necessary, in accordance with Human Resource policies and organization philosophy.
- The manager ensures financial viability by managing expenses with attention to cost management and productivity in assigned cost center.
- The manager schedules and maintains proper work flow and produces timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll, multi-state and federal tax reporting at required intervals and related reports for the hospital and its affiliates.
- The manager is responsible for payroll software systems, maintaining upgrades and network connectivity.
- The manager will act as liaison with Information Services to maintain proper system environment.
- The manager coordinates the services through leadership and collaboration with colleagues throughout the System and is responsible for carrying out assignments in a manner to assure success in financial management, human resources management, leadership, quality and operational management objectives.
- The manager participates in program development, unit performance improvement and professional development to stay abreast of all laws and regulations to keep the organization in compliance and avoid undue risks.
- The manager consistently serves as a role model to other employees.
- Education - Bachelor's degree with 4 years payroll managerial experience, or an equivalent (minimum 8 years) combination of education and experience at a supervisory level is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience - Minimum of at least 6 years of experience in the payroll function, minimum of 2 years in the recent 3 years.
- Skills - Microsoft Office with advanced Excel aptitude, advanced working knowledge and five plus years of payroll experience with major ERP software, experience with check writing and document imaging software. Demonstrated working knowledge of computerized general ledger systems; 10-key calculator by touch.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!