Chicago, IL 60653
Advanced Practice Nurse - PICU (Full-time) - needed at the largest pediatric provider in the region!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Job Description: The APN is a front-line provider in our state-of-the-art 40 bed PICU. The PICU provides care for surgical and medical patients from infancy through adolescence, as well as some adults with chronic pediatric medical conditions. We offer a strong APN orientation program, clinical exchange opportunities with other areas, and a collaborative work environment with an extensive APN team.
Position Summary: The Advanced Practice Nurse / LIP works within the multidisciplinary clinical team to provide individualized patient care and patient/family education. S/he promotes evidenced based practice by conducting or participating in research and academic activities. S/he provides support to the nursing and leadership staff in order to promote the advancement of the nursing profession at the hospital and in the community-at-large. The role is unique to the Advanced Practice Nurses specialty area and in accordance with individual credentialing and privileging through the Medical Staff Office.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Master’s degree or higher from an accredited school of nursing appropriate for certification as a Nurse Practitioner. Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner certification required.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience required. Previous PICU experience required.
3. Licensure in the State of Illinois as an APN is required.
4. Experience as delineated in clinical privileges through credentialing by the Medical Staff Office.
5. Basic Life Support certification required. Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required in some specialty areas.
6. Any other certification required for specialty area.
7. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, basic computer skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Required Skills: Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification & PICU experience required.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!