Chicago, IL 60653
Advanced Practice Nurse - Hem/Onc--Inpatient (Full-Time) - needed at the largest pediatric provider in the region!
(Reference Code: KAM)
General Summary of Position Responsibility:
The Provider works within the multidisciplinary clinical team to provide individualized patient care through history and physical assessment, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, medication ordering, prescribing and management, formulating diagnoses and patient/family education. S/he promotes evidenced based practice by conducting or participating in research and academic activities. S/he provides support to the nursing and leadership staff in order to promote the advancement of the nursing profession at the hospital and in the community-at-large. The role is unique to each division and in accordance with individual credentialing and privileging through the Medical Staff Office.
* Master’s degree or higher from an accredited school of nursing appropriate for certification as a Nurse Practitioner, or Master’s degree from a nationally accredited Physician Assistant program.
* 2 years of clinical patient care experience preferred. Pediatric experience strongly preferred.
* Active licensure in the State of Illinois as a Physician Assistant or APN is required.
* Experience as delineated in clinical privileges through credentialing by the Medical Staff Office.
* Basic Life Support certification required. Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required in some specialty areas.
* Any other certification required for specialty area.
* Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, basic computer skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment with physicians, residents, advanced practice nurses, nurses, administrative manager and directors and support staff thereby creating a cohesive well developed team.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!