Harrisburg, PA 17103
We are seeking a full time Home Health Physical Therapist to join our team in Central PA!
The Physical Therapist provides rehabilitative care (physical therapy) for on Call Home Health patients needing assistance and training in ambulation, transferring, gait training and home exercise programs. The Physical Therapist works as part of the interdisciplinary home care team including RN, OT, SLP, MSW and Home Health Aides.
B. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a plan of care. This may include, but is not limited to:
a. Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status and participating
in developing the total plan of care.
b. Assessing for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM and transfer capabilities.
c. Directing physical therapy treatment.
d. Instructing patients, family and/or caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic
e. Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
f. Reporting patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in care to patient’s physician as
needed and appropriate.
g. Conducting appropriate evaluative procedures; assessing patient’s home
environment as appropriate; and identifying patient’s equipment needs.
2. Initiates physical therapy program and coordinate with other team members, patient,
family and/or caregivers in therapy program, as well as the goals of therapy.
3. Instructs patient, family and/or caregivers and other team members in the patient’s
treatment regime as indicated.
4. Participates in patient case conferences.
5. Supervises the Physical Therapist Assistant, which includes, but is not limited to,
the following activities:
a. Provides direction and instruction regarding the care provided by the PTA.
b. Performs an on-site supervisory visit at the patient’s home, a minimum, every thirty
(30) days or more frequently to guarantee that the plan of care is implemented,
followed and that patient/family are satisfied with the care and services being
provided. Documents supervisory visit in the patient record.
c. Conducts regularly scheduled case conferences, either face-to-face or by telephone,
and patient record reviews with PTA.
d. Conducts employee performance evaluations for the PTA at the completion of the
probationary period and annually thereafter.
6. Participates in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement program as requested.
7. Maintains appropriate clinical records, progress notes and reports to the physician and
submits these records in a timely manner in accordance with companies, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
8. Confers with the attending physician, home care team members and patient, family
and/or caregivers to promote coordinated and comprehensive care.
9. Participates as a member of the Professional Advisory Committee and reports all
appropriate and relevant information relative to the provision of clinical services.
10. Completes a minimum of 12 hours of inservices per year.
11. Participates in meetings and other related activities as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Education: Must possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in physical therapy approved
by an accredited organization: The American Physical Therapy Association, The Council
on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, The Council
on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and The American Physical
a. Minimum of two years experience as a physical therapist. Community/home health
3. Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
a. Must possess current license as a Physical Therapist from the Commonwealth of
Pennsylvania or made application for same.
b. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with
c. Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
d. Satisfactory criminal background check.
e. Maintains current CPR certification.
For more details please submit your resume for review or email Kristin@ka-recruiting.com
JOB # KC487
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!