Prairie City, OR 97869
Full-time Physical Therapist needed at a critical access hospital in Northeastern Oregon!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Great area surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges, rural ranching community and lots of outdoor activities.
Physical Therapist - Outpatient/Home Health
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Evaluates, plans and administers comprehensive physical therapy modalities/regimens to patients in their place of residence for the purpose of developing and restoring function through rehabilitative physical therapy as prescribed by a physician.
DEMONSTRATES COMPETENCY IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Performs accurate and comprehensive assessments. Completes OASIS data sets for "therapy only" cases.
- Obtains physician orders for certification and recertification of home physical therapy services. Ensures that changes in patients' clinical status are communicated to other healthcare team members and office staff verbally and in writing in a timely manner.
- Ensures that physician orders are communicated to other healthcare team members and staff in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Coordinates care planning and delivery with the physician, patient and family/caregivers, other healthcare team members and staff to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Educates patients, their families/caregivers and other staff as appropriate, in appropriate physical therapy modalities.
- Delivers physical therapy modalities appropriate to the patient's clinical status and needs, and in accordance with the standard of care for patient's age.
- Provides, modifies or discontinues physical therapy modalities based upon an ongoing assessment/reassessment of the patient's clinical status and in accordance with physician orders.
- Assesses the patient for the need for durable medical equipment as well as other adaptive equipment needs.
- Develops appropriate home exercise programs tailored to the patient's clinical status, needs and age.
- Synthesizes data from the physical examination and analyzes data to make clinical judgments regarding patient management.
- Able to appropriately assess and reassess a patient's pain.
- Utilizes appropriate pain management modalities that include, but are not limited to, physical therapy modalities.
- Educates the patient and/or caregiver in effective pain management modalities.
- Provides physical therapy modalities in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Provides supervision and mentorship to PT assistants.
- Identifies risk of injuries or threats to life and health in the patient's environment, i.e., environmental/safety/mobility risks and implements appropriate interventions to reduce those risks.
- Addresses and supports cultural practices providing such practices do not harm the patient or others, and do not interfere with the planned course of physical therapy.
- Performs transfer and discharge planning functions in accordance with policy and applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Participates in the organization's information management program. stablish & maintain solid work relationships, through communication, cooperation and positive interaction with all employees, staff, patients and physicians.
Must be well versed in all aspects of physical therapy. Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy Program. Must be licensed to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Oregon. Home health experience preferred.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click apply or email us a copy of your resume directly. Be sure to check out all of our jobs at jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!