Darien, CT 06820
Full time Physical Therapist for Home Care needed with a growing and dynamic organization!
The Physical Therapist provides physical therapy services to patients in their homes, in accordance with a written Plan of Care established by a physician.
- Plans with patient, family and physician for on-going home health services, assists the physician in evaluating the patient's level of function.
- Initiates, reviews, and implements the PT Care Plan for each patient based on the assessment and prescribed Plan of Care and revises when indicated.
- Assists in developing and renewing the Plan of Care, provides skilled PT services, initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative PT procedures, teaches and supervises the patient and family in the home environment, may act as liaison with institutions to promote continuity of care as the patient moves from one level of care to another.
- Observes, evaluates and reports on patient's physical and emotional status to other team members and the attending physician whenever change occurs, including reaction to treatment and drugs, coordinates physical therapy with all other professional services involved in patient care.
- Provides patient progress reports to attending physician whenever there is a change in the patient's condition or at least every 60 days.
- Maintains clinical records for each patient receiving care. Clinical and progress notes include observation, treatments, response to treatment, teaching activities, changes in patient status. Indications of progress, proposed plan of continuing care and justification of continuation, and other pertinent data.
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- When appropriate, provides direction and supervision to the home health aide regarding simple physical therapy exercises and techniques.
- Supervises the PT Assistant. At least every thirty (30) days, the therapy assistant shall confer with the registered physical therapist. The conference shall be documented in the patient's clinical record, and shall include a review of the current patient care plan and any appropriate modifications to the treatment regime.
- A graduate of an accredited college or university with a Masters or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Connecticut State Licensed Physical Therapist with a minimum of 1 year of clinical experience.
- Previous home care experience preferred.
- OASIS knowledge preferred.
- Competitive salary
- A rich benefits package, including: medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid time off
- Professional liability coverage
- Flexibility of work schedules to ensure life/work balance
- Company-sponsored in-service and training
- Continuing education
For more information, please submit your resume for review!