Des Moines, IA 50314
Physician assistants are vital member of the health care team. This position will provide assistance to surgeons and assist with a variety of medical tasks to ensure all patients receive the best care possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides primary or specialty medical care with the supervision of a physician
• Provides services by collecting data required for diagnosis and performing authorized and approved procedures and services
• Obtains and evaluates medical histories, performs physical examinations, performs therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
• Counsels patients on medical problems, use of drugs, expected effects of treatment, and other health maintenance matters
• Makes entries in patient’s permanent medical records
• Coordinates patient care with other members of health care team
• Accomplishes narrative summaries and other documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• The principles and processed for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
• Computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR).
• Relevant drugs and their chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
• Non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, their applicable uses, and relevance to patient care.
• Current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
• Accreditation and certification requirements and the ability to maintain all appropriate licenses.
• Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of applicable State Board of Medicine and other regulating bodies.
• Prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
• Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public in person and over the telephone.
• Interpret the application of OSHA and HIPAA laws. Maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Learn computer software programs; enter and maintain accurate data and statistical information in order to consistently prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A master’s degree and certification by one of the Physician Assistant certifying bodies is required.
• Must have and maintain a DEA license with no restrictions
• Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting is preferred
For more details please send your resume for review! You can also email Kristin@ka-recruiting.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!