Palm Springs, CA 92262
Full-time Physician Assistant needed at a top facility in California!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a PA to work in Cardiac Surgery Admin (8 hour day shift position)
The Physician Assistant (PA) assists in OR and is responsible for the management of care of the cardiac surgery patient across inpatient healthcare continuum.
Required: Physician Assistant license by PA’s Examining Committee of the Medical Board of California; and American Heart Association BLS and ACLS.
Preferred: Acute cardiac pre to post-op management.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Utilizes the medical model to manage patient care. Completes management of care by providing evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Provides counseling and education.
- Offers collaborative practice-based setting.
- Provides risk assessment to families and community.
- Primary and acute care level of intervention.
Assesses the health status of patients by completing the following:
Obtains a relevant health and medical history
Performs a physical examination based on age and history.
Performs or orders diagnostic procedures based on the client’s needs.
Identifies health and medical risk factors.
- Makes accurate diagnosis by:
Utilizing critical thinking in the diagnostic process.
Synthesizing and analyzing the collected data.
Formulating a differential diagnosis based on the history, physical examination, and diagnostic test results.
Establishing priorities to meet the health and medical needs of the client.
- Develops a treatment plan under the supervising physician to maximize health potential.
- Selecting appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions.
- Developing a patient education plan and providing patient teaching.
- Appropriate consultation/referral.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, and operative techniques.
- Provides intra-operative exposure and retraction.
- Retracts tissues or organs by use of the hand.
- Places and holds surgical retractors.
- Packs sponges or laparotomy pads into body cavities to hold tissues or organs out of the operative field.
- Manages all instruments in the operative field to prevent obstruction of the surgeon’s view.
- Sutures tissue, using instruments and suture material.
- Correctly approximates tissue layers.
- Approximates tissue appropriately to avoid excess tension and tissue necrosis.
- Ties knots firmly to avoid slipping.
- Uses staples, clips or other devices to approximate tissue.
- Handles tissues and manipulates instruments to perform:
Harvesting of saphenousvein 1. open 2. bridging 3. endoscopic Provides hemostasis by:
Aspirating and sponging of blood and other fluids from the operative site.
Applying clamps on superficial vessels and typing them or electrocoagulation of them as directed.
Placing suture ligatures in the muscle, subcutaneous and skin layers.
Placing hemoclips or other ligating devices on bleeders.
- Facilitates patient participation in health and medical care by providing education needed to make decisions and choices about:
Promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
Consultation with other appropriate health care personnel.
Appropriate utilization of health care resources.
Facilitation of entry into the healthcare system; admission to facility under direction of Supervising Physician.
- Completes patient rounds on all Cardiovascular Surgery inpatients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!