Boston, MA 02109
Full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator) needed in Boston!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Join a world-class academic medical center located in Boston.
Schedule: Full-Time Regular
Shift: Day Rotation
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible, within the legal limitations, for assisting the physician staff in the Endocrine Division in the provision of medical services to patients. Performs initial evaluations, coordinates treatment plans and monitors progress, refers patient as necessary to appropriate sources for care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Performs initial evaluation of outpatients with endocrine disorders and a major focus on diabetes mellitus, including obtaining medical history, performing physical examinations and dietary counseling.
* Presents this information and confers with attending physicians to determine treatment plan.
* Coordinates elements of treatment plan and monitors patient progress and adherence to treatment plan. Insures that equipment or therapies recommended are obtained or carried out in a reasonable time.
* Provides routine medical care such as placement and interpretation of Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) devices including the dexcom glucose sensor, downloading glucose monitor information, thyrogen injections and evaluation of medication requests.
* Provides formal nutrition counseling including carbohydrate counseling.
* Has basic understanding of the function and use of insulin pumps as well as the ability to adjust the rates of the insulin delivery system based upon blood glucose patterns.
* Provides health education and health maintenance services.
* Responsible for triage and referral to appropriate source when primary care patients present with new symptoms.
* Assists, on an as needed basis, in other areas such as inpatient care and consultation services.
* Participates in clinical research projects and will participate in continuing education, quality improvement initiatives, clinical outcomes evaluation and monitoring.
* Successful completion of a Physician's Assistant program lasting 22 to 24 months beyond a Bachelor's Degree.
* BLS Certification
* Massachusetts Physician's Assistant Licensure.
* One or two years Physician Assistant experience.
* Certification as a Diabetes Educator is preferred. Experience with nutrition and/or diabetes treatment preferred.
* Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to assess the needs of patients of all different age groups and to provide care appropriately.
* Certification by the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
* Interpersonal skills needed for interacting effectively with physicians, staff, patients and their families, and so forth.
* Analytical skills needed for evaluating patients, coordinating treatment plans and so forth.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!