Austin, TX 78715
Full-time Senior Scientist needed at a top facility in Texas!
(Reference Code: KAM)
This role will lead development of detection platforms for various applications within food safety. This position will require the ability to interface to a multi-disciplinary group as well as cross functions for the timely completion of projects. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a focused attention to detail, work well with others in a team environment, be able to motivate team members, and be able to define clear targets and effectively communicate results and data interpretation to all team members.
Minimum Sr Scientist, staff scientist preferred; PhD in molecular biology or genetics
Experience with qPCR / isothermal amplification
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as technical lead for new product development and sustaining projects
- Supervise and mentor junior level team members
- Plan/execute efficient and decisive experiments for food safety applications using immunoassay and molecular assay formats
- Analyze and interpret data
- Compile and present experimental findings to research team members, cross-functional leaders, and senior management
* MS in relevant life sciences field (i.e. biochemistry, cell/molecular biology, genetics); 6+-years experience after MS degree.
OR PhD in relevant life sciences field (i.e. biochemistry, cell/molecular biology, genetics); 3+-years experience after PhD degree.
* In-depth assay development experience with: modern molecular assay techniques (qPCR, LAMP)
* Track record of product or reagent kit launch preferably validated by government agencies (e.g. USDA, FDA)
* Peer-reviewed publications on molecular assay techniques
* Experience with genome alignment & homology clustering/association tools
* Experience with immunoassays (Lateral Flow, ELISA, Western, Bead-based)
* Strong analytical chemistry fundamentals (HPLC, LC-MS, GS-MS)
* Novel antibody, affimer, or aptamer development experience
* Experience working in a regulated environment under design review process
Offering great pay and benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!