Jefferson, NH 03583
Full-Time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner needed in New Hampshire!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Join a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital offering Medical, Surgical and Intensive Care Services as well as a wide variety of outpatient services - in a beautiful area of NH
Shift: Day shift
Position Summary: The Psychiatric ARNP will provide direct patient care services to patients of all ages. These services will include but not be limited to: recording of physical and mental status, performing comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, ordering of diagnostic tests, implementing and managing plans of care, as well as prescribing and dispensing of medications.
- Graduation from an accredited program of study based upon current ARNP standards of practice.
- Current NH State Licensure and National Certification.
1. Perform comprehensive psychiatric examinations on patients of all ages, including but not limited to physical and metal health status, psychosocial history, and 5 Axis DSM-IV TR Diagnosis.
2. Initiate appropriate diagnostic tests for screening and evaluation of patient's current health status as it relates to psychiatric illness/diagnosis.
3. Formulate a diagnosis, implement a plan of care, and manage treatment regimens.
4. Use evidence-based best practice to formulate treatment plans and teachings.
5. Schedule follow-up evaluations to monitor efficacy of treatment and adjust as indicated.
6. Assess and update patient history, mental status, and diagnostic tests as needed.
7. Continuously plan, teach, promote and manage both the physical and mental health of the patient.
8. Administer, prescribe, and dispense pharmacological agents.
9. Arrange appropriate referrals to other care providers.
10. Monitor psychiatric services through utilization and peer review procedures, and ensure ethical and professional standards of practice are maintained.
11. Stabilize patients in life-threatening or unusual situations until emergency transport and/or placement can be arranged.
12. Document all services provided in the patient's medical record.
13. Provide staff and family consultation around medication and other clinical concerns.
14. Attend and participate in departmental, hospital, and community based committees and task forces.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!