Joelton, TN 37080
Full-time QA Specialist needed right outside of Nashville, TN!
(Reference Code: KAM)
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
This Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for maintenance and oversight of day to day operations quality assurance/quality management program, which includes maintaining documents, records and certifications according to state and federal health care standards in compliance with accreditation guidelines.
- Compile, review, and analyze data related to client concerns, QA events and corrective actions in order to determine areas for quality improvement.
- Evaluate quality control data with appropriate department management to determine trends and issues, and assist with the development of corrective action plans to address these issues.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans for areas that do not meet accreditation standards.
- Assist in review, updates and maintenance of quality assurance plans.
- Assist in the preparation for the quality assurance/quality management committee agenda creation and data collection, with an emphasis on establishing/maintaining a standardized quality management program.
- Participate in coordinating documentation for accreditation reviews.
- Provide education to staff regarding laboratory quality control programs.
- Assist departmental managers and medical directors in implementing and maintaining competency and continuing education for staff.
- Audit laboratory locations or departments for compliance with company quality policy and procedure and CLIA, CAP, State requirements where applicable.
- Attend quarterly meeting for TN Medical Laboratory Board as needed.
- Assist with development, implementation and maintenance of effective departmental QA programs and monitors.
- Assist with coordination of the maintenance, development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
* Associates Degree required. Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience.
* National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologist (AMT) required.
* Must hold a valid Tennessee Laboratory License required; or eligible.
* At least one year of relevant quality control/quality improvement experience preferred.
* Over five years of prior laboratory experience required.
* Must maintain appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure, and be willing to increase basic knowledge.
* Quality Management training/experience is preferred.
* Proficiency in accreditation standards specific to sections of laboratory such as CAP/CLIA required. Knowledge of FDA/GLP standards preferred.
* Some travel will be required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!