Saint Petersburg, FL 33712
Reference Code: NEC01081
RN Hospital Staffing / Team Lead / Staffing Coordinator
As the Team Lead, of our Workforce Planning Center you will responsible for assisting in the management and direction of the Clinical Staffing Coordinator staff and activities of the Workforce Planning Center (WPC). The Team Lead will assist the manager in the day to day operations of the WPC.
The Team Lead will work in close collaboration with nursing supervisors and executives to ensure staffing meets requirements/expectations and understands the relationship between staffing to core, minimum, peak and nurse patient ratios. The right candidate will possess excellent communication skills and have a demonstrated track record of delivering results and attaining goals.
Below are other expectations of the Clinical Staffing, Team Lead
- Assist the Clinical Staffing Coordinators with the execution of the organizational methodology of labor allocation via staffing of employees
- Provides guidance to the Clinical Staffing Coordinators with the collaborative interfacing with appropriate resources for the creation of daily labor allocation plans, communication of plans to unit and facility leadership and execution of plans at the unit level through the enforcement of
the organization’s staffing model.
- Provides relief staffing when there is a “call off” from the Clinical Staffing Coordinators.
- Assists in the research of issues and responses back to the facilities on the resolution of issues, under the direction of the Manager. Assists in research and responses on Incident Reports.
- Works with the Manager on quality measurements and collection of data for staffing. Ensures Staffing Grid accuracy.
- Provides orientation, education and training to the Clinical staff of the WPC based on identified needs specific to performance improvement, staffing, and scheduling.
- Assists with parallel testing of systems and upgrades (Facility Scheduler, Kronos Alerts, FS Dashboard, and texting)
- Collaborates with WPC leadership in the establishment of workload measurements, staffing standards, and the monitoring and analysis of productivity and benchmark reports
- Monitors and communicates staffing and scheduling related issues to the appropriate administrator for corrective action.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and hospital policy to decisions associated with scheduling and staffing
- Independent decision maker regarding the development of daily labor allocation plans and actions to apply the organization’s staffing and scheduling policies within CBA constraints
- Works with Nursing Directors to collaboratively develop action items to facilitate efficient and effective coordination of staffing.
- Strong Communication skills as demonstrated by proactive communications with key customers and the ability to establish realistic expectations and communicate difficult decisions/information
- Develops expertise, credibility and trust among internal customers
- Responsible for completing tasks in a fast paced environment
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- 1-3 years Leadership experience in hospital setting with emphasis on workforce management
- Bachelor Degree Required
- RN experience preferred
- Experience with hospital nursing scheduling preferred
- Previous experience must be applicable to applying organizational methodology of hospital labor allocation plans in order to develop and deliver forecasts that support productivity and financial efficiency
- Experience in Collective Bargaining environments a plus.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to readily master new software
For consideration please forward updated resumes to email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Thank you for taking the time to look at my current job openings. Natalie has specialized in working with allied healthcare professionals for over 7 years. As the Healthcare Recruiting Manager at K.A. Recruiting, she takes pride in building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates in order to address hiring needs as well as individual career goals for her candidates. She has worked with Physicians, Advanced Level Practitioners, Therapists, Nurses, Nurse Leaders, Laboratory, and other Allied Health candidates to assist them in securing permanent positions nationwide. Natalie has had a successful track record that is founded on the highest standard of quality combined with taking the time to personalize each candidate's job search to help them secure a long-term position. If you are looking for a full-time permanent position anywhere in the country I would love to hear from you! Please connect with me on LinkedIn Here: