Nacogdoches, TX 75962
Full-time Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse needed in Texas!
This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating the care. The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the RN works collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
Day shift with rotate call.
* Current Texas RN License or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. Successful completion of AHA approved course in BLS and ACLS requried upon hire.
* At least 3 years of Cath Lab experience.
* Ability to manipulate various types of electronic and clinical equipment, adjust and troubleshoot monitoring equipment, IV infusions, and computer equipment. Ability to operate specialty equipment related to area of expertise and to perform computer tasks at a "user’s" level.
* Must possess the ability to interact and communicate in English, both orally and written, with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner, exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience. Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
* Possesses the ability to comprehend and interpret complex clinical subject matter related to the specialty and calculate in apothecary and metric systems for drug administration. Must possess the ability to document appropriate clinical information. Has the ability to interpret rules/regulations/accrediting and licensing standards sufficiently for implementation. Maintains concentration and organization while dealing with multiple issues. Possesses the ability to analyze data and formulate an appropriate plan of action.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.