Marion, VA 24354
Full-time Emergency Room Registered Nurse needed at a top facility in Virginia!
(Reference Code: KAM)
The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities for sporting events, the arts, and fine dining via the two interstates passing through the area!
Under the direction of a nursing director or other supervisor, assumes the responsibility and accountability for developing, evaluating and directing the plan of care for assigned patients. Works in collaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, and coordinated care for assigned patients. Utilizes the nursing process in accordance with the established policies and procedures, maintains clinical competencies through continuing education, and delegates patient care priorities commensurate with the education and experience of the available staff. The ER Nurse provides care for patients with various types of illness or trauma requiring emergency attention. He/she must be able to recognize, triage, assess and effectively treat life-threatening conditions.
* Current licensure in the Commonwealth of VA as a Registered Nurse, and in good standing with the Board.
* BCLS and ACLS certifications required at hire.
* TNCC/CEN certification preferred.
* PALS certification preferred.
* Minimum of at least one year of previous experience in an ER Department as an RN required.
* Once hired, certification in Handle with Care must be completed.
* Conscious sedation competency completion required within 90 days.
* Ability to accept regular on-call assignments for regularly scheduled shifts when acuity and/or census dictates. Must be able to respond to the facility within 30 minutes of notification.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!