New Haven, CT 06505
Full-time Homecare Registered Nurse Case Manager needed in Connecticut!
(Reference Code: KAM)
* Graduation from an accredited NLN program in nursing.
* Baccalaureate nursing degree.
* Possession of or eligibility for a license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Connecticut State Board.
* One or more year's clinical nursing experience preferred.
* Must have vehicle available for transportation and valid Connecticut driver's license.
This nurse provides community health nursing services to individuals and families in the community. Work is planned and carried out under the guidance of the Clinical Manager who evaluates performance at periodic intervals.
- Will be assigned to a primary area and then go outside if needed to see patients
- Med/Surg patients
- No hospice / No IV
- No behavioral health or MCH unless they want to see these patients but will not be their primary caseload
- Visits are weighted and they do approximately 6 visits / day and can do extra for per visit pay if they want once oriented
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Performs physical assessment (OASIS) and coordinates plan of care with the patient, family, and others involved in the care plan.
2. Identifies individual and family health needs for other home health services and refers to other agency and community resources as needed.
3. Develops a written plan of care, which includes aspects to be delegated to, and those, which are restricted for home health aide caregivers.
4. Provides supervision of LPN in the field.
5. Documents in patient record coordination of care with LPN.
6. Provides on-site orientations to home health aides. Assesses competency of home health aide and determines that each activity can safely be delegated to home health aide.
7. Demonstrates safe transfer techniques to home health aide as determined by individual patient capability including pivot transfer, hoyer lift, tub transfer techniques.
8. Conducts supervisory on-site visits for home health aides consistent with Agency policy, and provides appropriate documentation of these visits.
9. Coordinates supervision of home health aides with therapy staff as needed.
10. Initiates appropriate and preventive rehabilitative nursing procedures.
11. Evaluates and revises patient care plans at regular intervals, including prompt action in response to changes in patient condition, and discharge of services when goals are attained.
12. Responsible for informing the physician and other staff of changes in the client’s needs/plan of care.
13. Evaluates and determines that the patient is a safe candidate for home health care.
14. Provides direct care to individuals with communicable diseases.
15. Provides education’s, screening and assessment services in community settings as needed (i.e. community nursing centers, senior centers, health fairs)
16. Interprets Agency policies and programs to individuals, families and personnel of other agencies.
17. Participates in the orientation, teaching and supervision of new staff. Provides observational experience for students and other health professionals.
18. Participates in regular team meetings and participates and contributes to agency meetings as assigned.
19. Participates in Agency in-service education including mandatory training’s such as those required by OSHA.
20. May assist in developing and evaluating new and current programs.
21. Maintains patients' records and prepares reports of the work performed.
22. Completes recording of all new admission visits within 48 working hours following the first home visit, and records all ongoing visits as promptly as possible but no later than the second work day following the visit.
23. Works weekends and holidays on a rotational basis.
24. Maintains home-visiting productivity to average 5.25 to 6.25 visits per 8 hours.
25. Performs other duties as assigned or as responsibility dictates.
26. Promotion of client/family independence.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!