Hartford, CT 06105
Full-time Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) needed for Home Care!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing skilled nursing care and the oversight of care provided by home health/hospice aide and homemaker staff. The RN is responsible for the coordination of all patient care services.
* Provides skilled nursing care including administration of medications and treatments as prescribed in physician's plan of care for patients in their home setting.
* Coordinates plan of care with all disciplines associated with patient's needs, including family and primary care givers.
* Observes, evaluates and reports on the patient's physical and emotional status to nursing supervisor and the attending physician whenever change occurs or at least every 60 days.
* Performs a Comprehensive Assessment of the patient and updates care plan, coordinating with physician and members of the IDT whenever changes occur or at least every 14 days.
* Participate in weekly Interdisciplinary Team Meetings, providing updates on patient's physical, emotional, psychosocial, and spiritual status.
* Attends all required staff meetings to enhance professional development.
* Maintains and processes all documentation in compliance with agency standards.
* Will utilize computer based documentation system and submit all required clinical documentation, time records and other required information in required time frame.
* Instructs, orients and supervises other clinical personnel as necessary
* Develops plan of care with instruction for home health aide services.
* Provides input to Home Health Aide Supervisor as needed for purpose of home health/hospice aide evaluation.
* May act as a liaison with institutions to promote continuity of care as the patient moves from level of care to another.
* May participate in community activities as a representative of the agency.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited RN program.
* Connecticut State Licensed Registered Nurse with a minimum of 1 year of clinical experience.
* Previous home care/hospice experience desirable.
* OASIS experience preferred.
* Must possess basic computer skills.
* Competitive salary
* A rich benefits package, including: medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) plan
* Generous paid time off
* Professional liability coverage
* Flexibility of work schedules to ensure life/work balance
* Company-sponsored in-service and training
* Continuing education
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!