Pulaski, VA 24301
Full-time Registered Nurse needed for Women's Services at a top facility in western Virginia!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Under the direction of a nursing director or other supervisor, assumes the responsibility and accountability for developing, evaluating and directing the plan of care for assigned patients. Works in collaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, and coordinated care for assigned patients. Utilizes the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures, maintains clinical competencies through continuing education, and delegates patient care priorities commensurate with the education and experience of the available staff. The Women’s Center Nurse provides care for patients with various types of obstetrical, gynecological and/or newborn situations. He/she must be able to recognize, triage, assess and effectively treat life-threatening conditions of the obstetrical patient and transfer that patient to a higher level of care if indicated. He/she must be able to effectively admit an obstetrical patient to labor and/or induce the patient and deliver and care for the patient and the newborn after delivery. He/she must be able to effectively admit a gynecological patient with the possibility of preparation of surgery of that patient as well as care for that patient post operatively. He/she must be able to assess a newborn, recognize anomalies, transfer a newborn to a higher level of care if indicated, educate the mother and family unit of newborn care.
This position will work 3 AM to 3 PM, three days per week.
- Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse or Compact licensure as a Registered Nurse which includes the Commonwealth of VA, and in good standing with the Board
- BCLS certification required by hire date. STABLE are preferred. Basic Fetal Monitoring, NRP, and ACLS are required within 6 months of hire date.
- At least one year of previous experience in a Labor and Delivery/Nursery/Post Partum/Gyn Department as an RN strongly preferred.
- Ability to regularly accept on-call assignments and ability to report to hospital within 30 minutes of notification.
- Ability to accept regular on-call assignments for regularly scheduled shifts when acuity and/or census indicates need. Will be available to report to facility within 30 minutes of notification. This status will be determined by Department Director, Women’s Center Charge Nurse, House Supervisor or Administrator on call.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!