Raleigh, NC 27695
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Department: Pain Management Center
Reports To: Chief Nursing Officer
EHR Access Level: EHR RN
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse for our Comprehensive Pain Management Center. The Registered Nurse serves as the liaison between the physician, midlevel and the patients, and gives safe and competent clinical care to the patients. The Employee must have a current license with the NC Board of Nursing.
Hours: M-F 9am-5:30pm
Essential Job Functions
• Coordinates the procedure room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, and availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
• Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
• Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Serve as a liaison between the Physician, Midlevel and the Patient
• Room patients and take vitals, initiate visit per Clinical Update in EHR.
• Responsible for the triage of messages and obtaining appropriate information from patient and relaying to Physician in EHR
• Responsible and accountable for the accuracy and organization of patient charting
• Act as patient advocate for obtaining, relaying and interpreting the Providers instructions and orders for medical care and EHR per RNA Policy
• Administer medications, monitor and document according to standards in EHR
• Cover Other Clinical Staff When Necessary
• Current License Approval by the NC Board of Nursing (NCBON) and Maintenance of Continuing Education hours as required by the NCBON Renewal Process, and current BLS and ACLS certification
• Pain Management or Procedure/Endoscopy/Day Surgery experience preferred
• Ability to Perform Treatment Procedures and Assist Physician
• Accuracy of records
• Must work within the RN scope of practice
• Knowledge and ability to perform duties in specialty unit
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!