Bethesda, MD 20811
Full-time Registered Nurse (RN) needed at a top facility right outside of Washington DC!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a RN to work in radiology and critical care. Responsibilities include:
- Plan, implement and maintain standards of nursing care and a quality assurance program in the office
- Respond to all medical emergencies within the office and assume role of emergency team leader until physician arrives
- Maintain communication with on-call emergency physician
- Insert angiocaths, butterfly needles, IV quick-caths and monitor IV fluid administration of patients when necessary
- Administer emergency medications, intravenous narcotics, other medications and oxygen therapy per physician’s orders
- Prepare and administer contrast media for patient consumption
- Account for controlled medications on crash cart
- Monitor expiration dates of medications on crash cart and replace them when needed
- Telephone patients who are scheduled for examinations to obtain medical history and pertinent information and to give preparation instructions
- Ascertain area of injury or patient’s symptoms to assist the physician in reporting the proper diagnosis
- Maintain patient assessment record-keeping - patient history/consent information, contrast dosage and reaction
- Review discharge and follow-up instructions with patients and their families
* Must have a BS degree in nursing from an accredited school
* Must have a minimum of two years patient care experience, preferably in critical care or radiology nursing
* Must have demonstrated proficiency in IV administration techniques
* Must maintain current Advanced Cardiac Life Support/CPR certification
* Must present registered nurses license for the state you are working in, maintain credentials through continuing education programs and provide copy to manager at time of renewal
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!