64 Hours per Pay
- CPR Required
- 1-2 yrs experience preferred
- Position Summary
- The Registered Radiologic Technologist is responsible for performing radiographic examinations under the direction of a radiologist at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. The Technologist performs a variety of procedures that will require independent judgement, with ingenuity and initiative to apply ionizing radiation for diagnosis. The Technologist assumes responsibility for designated areas of procedures as required.
- Must hold current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and remain a member in good standing.
- Minimum of six months experience in the radiology field.
- Previous experience with CT scans required or ability to obtain required CT knowledge within six months of hire.
- Previous experience with bone density, trauma, ultrasound, and/or mammography preferred
- Graduate of formal radiologic technology training program.
- English speaking and writing skills required / preferred.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Principles of radiation physics and electricity and related hazards
- Records maintenance
- Variation of anatomical postures (i.e. supine, prone, etc.)
- Psychology, patient care, and sterile techniques
- Ability to relate to patients in all age groups with a variety of medical conditions.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Required skills and competencies. Has competency checklist been completed with all competencies met (i.e. job skills / knowledge, equipment knowledge)
- Responsible for care and safety of patients undergoing radiographic examinations.
- Protects public, patients and personnel from radiation.
- Carefully applies ionizing radiation to produce best quality radiographs with minimal exposure.
- Produces good quality radiographic examinations with minimal radiation exposure.
- Familiar with safe operation of all radiologic equipment. Reports any malfunctions to Chief Rad Tech.
- Accepts responsibility for administrative duties such as records, orderliness, cleanliness, supplies, etc.
- Willingly rotates within department and between shifts, as required for the smooth operation of the Radiology Services Department.
- Participates in on-call duties by accepting fair share of evenings and weekends.
- Manages time effectively to ensure that deadlines are met and that personal priorities support organizational objectives.
- Participates in staff development activities and looks for personal growth opportunities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.