Darien, CT 06820
Seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist who under medical direction will provide for the treatment, management, diagnostic evaluation, and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardio-pulmonary system. Candidate must be able to work day AND night shifts.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all department policies and procedures to assure the competent administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic modalities of Respiratory Care.
-Oxygen administration, medication administration, Chest physiotherapy, mechanical ventilation, arterial blood gas puncture and analysis.
-Recognizes adverse conditions and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Evaluates patients receiving Respiratory Therapy on a daily basis to determine effectiveness and appropriateness and to verify patients are receiving prescribed therapy. Able to make appropriate clinical decisions based on physical assessment and chart review.
- Performs charge responsibilities in accordance with departmental protocol. Recognizes the importance of minimum staffing requirements and makes every attempt to see that they are met. Assigns workload equitably and appropriately prioritizes in order to ensure the completion of critical care.
-Coordinates all work assignments to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during the assigned shift.
- Performs patient education and training to ensure effective self-therapy after discharge and to promote preventive measures.
- Maintains clinical expertise by attending continuing education classes, respiratory seminars, meetings, and self-improvement programs as appropriate and required.
Must have graduated from an accredited program in Respiratory Therapy and hold a current Connecticut State license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to email@example.com
JOB ID: KD232
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!