Davenport, NY 13750
Full-time Registered Respiratory Therapist needed at a top facility in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Administers respiratory therapy treatment as ordered by physician.
* Education - Must be a graduate of an approved school of respiratory therapy.
* Experience - One to two years' experience preferred
* Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - Previous hospital experience preferred
* Physical Requirements - Standing and/or moving through facility 80 to 90 % of shift. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
* Licenses/Certifications - Must be registered, certified or eligible. Must possess current NYS respiratory license. CPR, and ACLS required.
- Responsible for the safe and effective administration of physician prescribed medications, knowing their indications and contraindications.
- Knows and follows the policy and procedures in administering: SVN, IS, CPT, Accapella.
- Sets up and monitors oxygen administration via cannula, mask, NRB, venture mask, etc. as prescribed by physician.
- Performs arterial punctures using radial, brachial and femoral sites independently. Draws off arterial lines to obtain sample for blood gas analysis.
- Is a member of the" CODE TEAM" responding to arrest situations. May be expected to perform CPR (compression). Must be certified in CPR annually.
- Inserts requested hemodynamic (Arterial) lines and troubleshoots any problems that may occur.
- Responsible for the set-up, safety check, monitoring and troubleshooting of mechanical ventilators.
- Responsible for the set-up, monitoring, and troubleshooting of hospital BIPAP and CPAP units.
- Properly documents all necessary information in the hospital's McKesson computer system, such as but not limited to pre/post assessments, ventilator checks, patient education, etc.
- Performs all aspects of artificial airway care, including NT suctioning and assisting physician with intubation.
- Is familiar with ABG machines. Runs controls, calibrations, performs simple troubleshooting and knows procedure to follow when machine is not working properly.
- Familiar with measuring devices to include, but not limited to, pulse oximeter, Wrights respirometer, PEAK Flow meters.
Offering competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, & vision insurance, fitness membership, company paid life insurance, 401k retirement plan, PTO, and more!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!