Boston, MA 02109
Full-time Research Administrator III needed at a top hospital in Boston!
(Reference Code: KAM)
This position will be primarily responsible for pre- and post-award administration, financial management of discretionary funds, and facilities management for a large division, department or units within an Institute or may serve as Research Administrator of a multi-disciplinary specialized research center or academic program. The RA may oversee large multi-site clinical studies with several subcontracts.
- Guides and facilitates faculty and staff in the development and preparation of research proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and agreements, including budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Discusses and resolves administrative problems that arise; and directs the administrative planning for potential new sources of income.
- Negotiates budgets with research sponsors.
- May manage international research programs, serve on multi-disciplinary project teams submitting large research proposals, and/or oversee lecture series and other academic programs.
- Assists faculty with budget monitoring, prepares projections, often using highly confidential data.
- May contribute to sections of grants and publications, prepare reports and analyses for faculty, senior management and/or deans.
- May also have responsibility for or input to practice plan budgets or hospital budgets.
- May serve on hospital wide or campus wide committees to establish operating procedures and best practices.
- Responsible for fellowship appointments and visas for international staff and volunteers.
- May have managerial responsibilities, coordinating and overseeing the personnel and payroll issues of the research program/laboratories.
* Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in research administration and/or related activities.
* Requires extensive knowledge of program administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in an academic medical center or university environment.
* Experienced with all types of award mechanisms, including grants, contracts, subcontracts, cooperative agreements.
* Full facility with sponsor-specific policies, intellectual property policy, conflict of interest requirements, publication rights, application of indirect cost rates and other complex concepts in research administration.
* Ability to interpret and apply sponsor, institutional and departmental policies and interpret policy for others.
* Requires independent judgment, strong organization and communication skills, and customer service focus.
* Ability to prioritize and manage high volume and complex transactions in a fast-paced environment.
* Confidentiality and meticulous attention to detail is very important.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!