Bangor, ME 04401
(Reference Code: JAW1033)
A top research lab in Central Maine is looking for an experienced Genomic Scientist to join their team! This position is with an organization that specializes in the discovery of precise genomic solutions for human disease while placing emphasis on empowering the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health!
The Genomics Scientist is responsible for the management and execution of sequencing based projects as well as development, testing, validation and implementation of new genomic technologies and protocols. They will ensure that sample preparation and sequencing production is maximized and will drive new technology development, process optimization, and pipeline and protocol development.
• Development, testing, validation, and implementation of new genomic technologies and methodologies, improvement and optimization of protocols, including development and optimization of protocols for HTS library preparations.
• Engage in sample/sequencing QC analysis and, when necessary, provide input and suggestions for additional features and improvements on the protocols and data analysis.
• Initiate scientific projects by applying new technologies and analysis capabilities to showcase their robustness and discovery power.
• Publish in peer review journals; contribute to scientific research papers, grant applications and reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
A cover letter outlining general interests and career goals as well as three letters of recommendation should be submitted with CV/resume to consider application complete.
For more information, please Apply now or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Jermel Wright is an Associate Healthcare Recruiter at KA Recruiting, Inc in Boston, MA. He specializes in permanent placements of Allied Healthcare Professionals in the Laboratory space. He received his B.A. in Healthcare Administration from Stonehill College.