Oak Park, IL 60302
Reference Code: NEC0675
Respiratory Care Practitioner, FT (36 hrs./week or 72 hrs./pay period) includes every other weekend.
Reporting to the Manager of Respiratory Care, performs, teaches, and guides all forms of respiratory therapy, chest physical therapy, and cardiopulmonary diagnostics.
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess and treat all age groups of patients from neonatal to geriatric; implements assessment/treatment based on the developmental stages of the patient. Involves family/guardian in plan of care and conducts patient family education, as appropriate, considering the developmental needs of the patient.
2. Administers all forms of respiratory therapy including medical gases, medication delivery via the airways, chest physical therapy, pressure breathing treatments, breathing retraining, aerosol and humidity therapy. Understands the equipment, indications, contraindications, hazards, and adverse reactions of each mode of therapy.
3. Provides intensive respiratory care utilizing advanced techniques and specialized equipment; establishes and maintains an airway during CPR; performs external cardiac massage if necessary.
4. Performs arterial punctures to obtain blood gas samples, blood gas analysis, and related calculations; performs blood gas lab quality control.
5. Performs pulmonary function testing including spirometry, lung volume, and DLCO; performs related calculations, and quality control.
6. Explains purpose and procedure of treatments, tests, and equipment to patient, family, and hospital personnel; develops and delivers home care instructions to patients.
7. Participates in continuing education at all levels within the department.
8. Performs patient assessment and evaluation of care; confers with nurses and physicians to optimize the care of the patient.
9. Initiates and maintains the appropriate records in the patient chart and on respiratory care records.
10. Provides guidance to Respiratory Therapy Techs as necessary.
Graduate of an AMA approved school for respiratory therapy granting eligibility to take exams given by the National Board for Respiratory Care or Registered or Certified by the N.B.R.C.
2. Current Illinois Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure required.
3. Current CPR certification.
4. Advanced knowledge of acid-base balance, blood gas analysis and interpretation, and cardiopulmonary physiology.
5. The ability to remain calm in emergency and high pressure situations.
6. The interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients, families, physicians, and hospital staff.
7. The written and verbal skills necessary to instruct patients, families, and hospital staff on respiratory care procedures and to do appropriate documentation.
8. Respiratory Care Practitioners assigned to the Emergency Department must demonstrate the ability to perform the associated competencies.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Thank you for taking the time to look at my current job openings. Natalie has specialized in working with allied healthcare professionals for over 7 years. As the Healthcare Recruiting Manager at K.A. Recruiting, she takes pride in building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates in order to address hiring needs as well as individual career goals for her candidates. She has worked with Physicians, Advanced Level Practitioners, Therapists, Nurses, Nurse Leaders, Laboratory, and other Allied Health candidates to assist them in securing permanent positions nationwide. Natalie has had a successful track record that is founded on the highest standard of quality combined with taking the time to personalize each candidate's job search to help them secure a long-term position. If you are looking for a full-time permanent position anywhere in the country I would love to hear from you! Please connect with me on LinkedIn Here: