Richmond, VA 23173
Full time Sr. Med Tech, Molecular Diagnostics needed in Richmond, Virginia!
Join the only academic medical center in the region, providing patients with the most progressive treatments and medical technology available.
Molecular Diagnostic is seeking a full time Medical Technologist Senior. The Medical Technologist Senior (MT Sr.) will perform the duties of a technical specialist in the Laboratory. Technically, the MT Sr. will be responsible for clinical testing and results reporting in all areas where training and verification of competency are attained. Assists the supervisor in the coordination of quality control procedures, trouble shooting, maintenance of procedure manuals, training and documentation, method evaluations and inventory control in his/her primary areas of responsibility. Consistently demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. The MT Sr. should demonstrate a strong and energetic commitment to the laboratory's mission of efficiency and quality and act as a positive role model for peers and other coworkers.
- Performance, evaluation and reporting of procedures outlined in the manual of standard operating procedures.
- Notification of panic values to ordering physicians.
- Customer service oriented communications.
- Resolution of problems in testing and quality control.
- Maintenance of SOPs.
- The MT Sr. will assume the responsibilities of supervisor in his/her absence (weekends, holidays, etc.).
- Rotating weekends.
- Availability for emergency coverage or on-call on evening and night shifts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Lab Science (BSCLS) from an accredited program
- Current MT(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or CLS(NCA) or equivalent categorical certification required within 18 months of promotion or hire into position
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical work experience as a Medical Technologist. Depending on the laboratory assignment, work experience requirement may be specific to a particular specialty areas such as Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Transfusion Medicine, Clinical Chemistry, Toxicology, etc.
- Master's Degree in Clinical Lab Science (MSCLS) from an accredited program
- ASCP Specialty Certification
For more information, please submit your resume for review!