Nashville, TN 37211
Full-time Special Chemistry Supervisor needed at a top facility right outside of Nashville!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Monday - Friday: 8am-5pm
Must have mass spectrometry experience.
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) who supervises and oversees all technologists within special chemistry
The person in this position must have the advanced skills necessary to perform all the duties of a Medical Technologist III Lead.
- Provide leadership and supervise/manage assigned department, make decisions, solve problems, develop procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Manage the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions in conjunction with the Human Resources, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
- Supervise/manage employee and team performance, new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
- Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Perform all duties of a Medical Lab Technologist III Lead.
- Manage the ordering and inventory of supplies for the department.
- Responsible for validating and correlations on new equipment and new procedures that pertain to the department.
- Responsible for the performance calibration verification for all departmental equipment.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance including training of staff when appropriate.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective departmental QA programs and monitors.
- Coordinate the maintenance, development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting the compliance guidelines for the laboratory industry.
* Bachelor of Science degree.
* National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as Clinical Laboratory Specialist.
* Must hold a valid Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor’s License.
* Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure, and to increase basic knowledge.
* Over one year supervisory experience is preferred.
* Over six years of prior Laboratory experience including over three years at a Medical Technologist III.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!