Hedgesville , WV 25427
Full-time Surgical Services Coordinator needed!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Surgical Services Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Department Director, Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Surgical Services Coordinator provides coordination for the efficient delivery of care to patients in the Surgical Services Department. His/her primary functions involve energetically and dynamically supporting the staff and physicians in acquiring the necessary equipment and training to deliver evidence based surgical interventions. The Surgical Services Coordinator will communicate directly with surgeons to coordinate the introduction of new products. He/she will coordinate with the Director in the investigation and recommendation of capital equipment. The Surgical Services Coordinator will be a resource to staff and leadership on current practices issues. The Surgical Services Coordinator will also be expected to give direct patient care as needed to include after-hours coverage.
Will support all hospital and departmental process improvement initiatives. Will take an active role in ensuring compliance of all quality improvement initiatives of the Surgical Services Department. Serves as a resource with high level of knowledge and competence in all areas of the department. Works with team to assure that necessary supplies and equipment are available for scheduled cases. Coordinates new product trials with the OR supply staff as required.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing – Diploma, AND/ASN, BSN, or MSN.
* Valid WV RN license.
* ACLS and BLS required at hiring.
* CNOR certification within 1 year after start of position.
* Three years Surgical Services experience as an RN required.
* Prior leadership experience as a charge nurse, manager or service leader preferred.
* Managerial skills, clinical expertise, teach/instruct clerical accuracy, good interpersonal and communication skills, organizational and team building skills.
* Must be able to work in high-pressure situations.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click apply or email us a copy of your resume directly. Be sure to check out all of our jobs at jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!