Cedar Park, TX 78630
Full-time Cardiovascular/Vascular Surgical Tech II needed at a top hospital in Texas!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Position: Surgical Tech II (Cardiovascular/Vascular)
Days, 0630 -1500 (rotating weekends)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of the Registered Nurse according to standard procedure, the surgical technician assists the surgical team through case preparation, surgical assistance, and after care of operating room patients, equipment and supplies. The technician also participates in unit activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in delivery of patient care.
- Assembles and prepares for procedures.
- Participates in performance of procedures.
- Assists with procedure completion.
- Assists with delivery of age appropriate care to patients.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Insures availability of safe instruments and equipment.
- Returns equipment and supplies appropriately to contamination to proper storage following completion of procedure.
- Consistently demonstrates efficiency and timelines during case turnover.
- Participates in performance improvement (quality assurance).
- Takes appropriate action to prevent/manage accidents in the area.
- Participate in unit activities.
- Participates in budget and inventory control.
- Updates procedure cards when changes are necessary.
- Participates in staff and self-development.
- Performs other duties as delegated.
- Demonstrates positive customer service skills.
- Facilitates adhesiveness of Surgical Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Required: Graduation from an accredited high school or GED certificate. Completion of accredited Surgical Technologist Program and successfully completed certification exam; or a minimum of (3) years of recent experience as a surgical technician or with demonstrated competency in five or more specialties to include General, GYN, Ortho, Neuro and Plastics; good customer relations skills; effective verbal, written, and face-to-face communication skills.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
* Required: Current BCLS certification issued by the American Heart Association. Surgical Technologists that graduate after September 1, 2009 must hold and maintain a current certification as a Surgical Technologist within 180 days from the date of graduation. The certification must be from: 1. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or its successor; 2. The National Center for Competency Testing or its successor; Another surgical technologist certification program approved by the department.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!