Fairfield, CT 06824
Full-time Surgical Tech needed at a top not-for-profit provider of comprehensive healthcare services - 1 hour from NYC
Seeking a talented Surgical Technician with broad knowledge and experience (1-2 yrs minimum) primarily in the area of Orthopedic. The position is full time (37.5 hrs/weekly) day shift (7am-3pm, 8am-4pm) with no weekends. These positions are located at an ambulatory/out patient site. The individual will work under the direct supervision of the RN in assisting the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub person who handles instruments, supplies and other related equipment during surgical procedures.
- Respects and protects the patient’s rights to confidentiality and privacy and discloses information only for professional purposes which are in the patient’s best interests with full consideration of their legal rights.
- Provides safe patient care by verifying patient identification and assuring the presence of the necessary instrumentation, supplies, equipment, and implants.
- Adheres to aseptic practices to protect patients from injury, minimizes wound contamination and reduce patient risk for surgical site infection.
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, microbiology and pharmacology for optimal surgical patient care.
- Maintains knowledge of surgical techniques, instrumentation, equipment and supplies necessary for procedures.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants and other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve in relation to the procedure being performed and respond appropriately to emergencies or changes in procedure.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and anticipates surgeon’s needs when scrubbed on any surgical procedure.
- Assumes responsibility for accurate sponge, sharp and instrument counts, correct medication labeling on the sterile field and correct handling and labeling of specimens.
* Diploma or certificate of completion from an accredited Surgical Technologist program or equivalent.
* BLS certification required.
* Certification in Surgical Technology (required).
* Minimum of 1-2 years required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits. For more information, please submit your resume for review!