Washington, DC 20005
Full-time mobile Ultrasound Tech needed in Washington DC!
(Reference Code: KAM)
A great opportunity to work independently! Candidates must have a clean driving record and need to to be general Vascular techs. The position is typically day shift, and my client is offering excellent salary & benefits!
- Must have General Vascular knowledge.
- Responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing ultrasound exams according to the ACR standards.
- Must be certified and experienced with EKG's.
- Operates the ultrasound equipment under safe conditions and reports any equipment issues to the director of ultrasound.
- The sonographer maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve.
- Verifies the written physician’s order and verifies appropriateness of exam prior to performing.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
- Analyses sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history.
- Works closely with all the ultrasound dispatchers.
- Communicates properly with patients and ensures patient’s modesty and privacy at all times.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer's care.
- Responsible to ensure that all required paperwork is collected and is accurate.
- Maintains adequate supplies.
- Participates in the accreditation process as needed.
- Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all interrelating facilities.
- Completes the Sonographer’s Observations form as indicated, according to the established procedures.
- Coordinates with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Completes the daily schedule in a timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety and well-being of all patients in the sonographic area/department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the facility medical staff.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of medical terms.
- Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information with each exam performed.
- Will work different shifts and “on call” as the need arises.
* Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program or Cardiovascular Technology Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) is required.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography is desirable.
* Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in the specialty(ies) as appropriate.
* Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialty(ies) as appropriate.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!