Southport, CT 06890
Full-time VIR Tech needed at a top hospital serving the Fairfield County region (1 hour from NYC!)
Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm
The VIR Technologist is under the direct supervision of the Chief Technologist of Interventional Radiology (IR). Responsible for performing routine to complex VIR procedures in accordance with established protocols under the direction/supervision of a radiologist.
Major Accountabilities/Critical Responsibilities:
- Performs all major responsibilities of CT/VIR technologists in regards to patient procedures and care
- Performs/monitors daily quality assurance checks on equipment for compliance; maintains record keeping
- Performs procedure audits for quality improvement analysis
- Coordinates Preventative Maintenance (PM) for modality units
- Ensures proper safety standards are met. Maintains Environment of Care in compliance with regulatory agencies
- Reviews IR schedule daily, ensuring all necessary products will be available
- Participates in on-going service and process improvement efforts
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills within the multidisciplinary team
- Ensures completion of all on-going equipment competencies for VIR
- Assist/participate in monthly modality meetings in conjunction with Chief Technologist
* Graduate from a formal Radiologic Technology Training Program approved by the American Medical Association
* Certified by American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT)
* Licensed in State of Connecticut as Radiological Technologist
* CPR certified
* Advanced Certification preferred
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!