Wilmington, DE 19801
Seeking a Full Time Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) or Physician Assistant to join our team! This position is with an outpatient WH Clinic in Delaware.
Great Compensation package; Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide reproductive health care services to a broad-based population with clinical
supervision by the Medical Director and operational supervision by the Center Manager. Provide skilled
client care in the clinical setting including gynecological exams, screening and treatment, counseling,
contraceptive advice and prescriptions, detection and treatment of vaginitis, cervicitis and STDs, follow-up
patient consultations and other medical conditions as per health center guidelines and client needs.
Provides services in the recovery room including patient counseling and provision of all forms of birth
control, assistance with moderate sedation. Provides counseling related to prenatal care. Provide direct
client services according to Medical Protocols in accordance with PPFA Medical Standards and
Guidelines. Maintains a patient load of 4 patients per hour.
1. Perform medical screening procedures as appropriate for clients.
2. Perform gynecological and STD examinations and screening examinations including thyroid, heart, lungs,
abdomen, extremities, breast, genital and pelvic examinations.
3. Refer clients with abnormal conditions found on examination to Medical Director and/or other physicians
or medical facilities as needed per health center guidelines and/or client needs.
4. Perform, order, and interpret routine laboratory tests.
5. Responsible for follow-up of abnormal pap smears, positive STD tests or other abnormal lab tests.
6. Perform medical referrals as indicated and appropriate follow-up.
7. Maintain productivity expectations and compliance standards of the health center.
8. Maintain a close working relationship with Medical Director, VP of Clinical, Center Managers, and other
licensed staff of the agency.
9. Participate in in-service training, volunteer training and community education as assigned by Center
10. Initiate problem solving to ensure smooth health center flow.
11. Serve as a telephone resource person for client or medical information calls.
12. Document findings and referrals. Sign records and prescriptions.
13. Work independently to maintain up-to- date knowledge in the health care field via attending seminars and
workshops, and reading relevant material.
14. Provide skilled LARC services for patients requiring such services.
15. Participates in monitoring of quality and risk management activities, including audits and training, to
ensure delivery of quality health care in compliance with PPDE Medical Standards and Guidelines,
PPDE policies and procedures and State and Federal regulatory requirements.
16. Promotes a spirit of teamwork and professionalism among all staff.
17. Function as back-up for other clinicians and understand procedures at all health center sites and fill in as
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the Medical Services Management Team, including assistance in
QUALIFICATIONS: To be successful, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily
and demonstrate a constructive relationship with the Center Manager. Listed below are knowledge, skills
and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
1. Graduate of an accredited nursing program/physician assistant program with state-mandated
2. Current Delaware license as an advanced practice registered nurse/physician’s assistant with
prescriptive privileges required.
3. Minimum of zero to two years’ experience as an advanced practice nurse/physician’s assistant, with
experience and broad knowledge of family planning. Experience within a family planning clinical
4. National Certification or a current Medicare/Medicaid number.
5. Professional, positive attitude with proven ability to contribute effectively to highly functioning work
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!