Brewster, NY 10509
Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant:
Seeking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join out Outpatient facility and provide health care services to patients under direction of the Medical Director. This position will be working within an outpatient drug rehab / addiction medicine center. Candidates will need the X license.
• RN with current N.Y. State Nurse Practitioner license with diploma of accredited program for Bachelors in Nursing and NP Program OR Diploma of accredited Physician Assistants program with a NY State Certificate for Physician Assistant
• Data 2000 waiver-the X license required
• RPAC certified or eligible
• Experience in detoxification/ addiction medicine/ primary care preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience
• CPR certification required
• ACLS certification preferred
• Psychiatry experience also desirable
• Conduct medical review with each client to discuss medical history
• Make referrals as necessary and follows up to discuss results of physical exam
• Develop and implement patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care
• Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, health maintenance, addiction treatment preparation, and education of patients and family members for medications and instructions
• Preparation of discharge summaries, prescriptions and follow up tests and appointments
• Conduct psychiatric and or medical educational groups for clients
• Conduct educational presentations for staff and clients
• Participate in Performance Improvement Initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
We offer competitive wages and benefits in a supportive working environment.
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to Kristin@ka-recruiting.com
JOB ID: KD65
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!