Blood Bank Lead
Atlanta, GA US
*Blood Bank Organization looking to hire IMMEDIATELY*
Job Title: Lead IRL Technologist
Location: Atlanta area, Georgia
Work Hours: DAY Shift, Monday - Friday
As a Lead Technologist, staff can expect to provide daily lead functions. Perform basic and advanced donor and patient tests and interpret results to determine donor-recipient compatibility. Resolve compatibility problems; provide complex reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion services. Perform automated and manual test procedures on blood samples. Adhere to explicit standard operating procedures and interpret test results in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements.
- Manage daily workflow including patient and donor work.
- Manage reagent inventory including ordering, receiving, inspecting and preparing reagents.
- Perform and interpret basic and complex donor and/or patient testing procedures and complete required quality control, as appropriate to state and federal regulations.
- Perform labeling and verification of blood products.
- Perform duties associated with document development and management.
- May perform manufacturing duties associated with special blood products, if applicable.
- Adhere to procedures and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Recognize testing irregularities, identify the cause, determine the solution and resolve the problem. Assist lab assistants, technicians, and technologists in problem resolution.
Requirements for Permanent Position:
- MT(ASCP), BB(ASCP) or equivalent required. SBB (ASCP) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years blood banking experience including high complexity testing
- Effective communication/interpersonal skill and excellent technical skills required.
** DON'T WAIT click and apply or send your resume to Megan@ka-recruiting.com
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!