Certified Surgical Technologist
Bayard, NM 88023 US
Critical Access Hospital in Scenic New Mexico Hiring Surgical Technologist!
- Located near the Gila National forest this is a great area for those who enjoy spending time outside
- Within a few hour drive of Tucson and Phoenix Arizona
- Job Responsibilities:
- Assures that all equipment and supplies are ready and available for the scheduled surgical procedure.
- Utilizes proper aseptic technique, monitors for possible contamination, makes corrections as needed and follows direction from the RN regarding correcting breaks in sterile technique. Displays a strong surgical conscience.
- Handles all supplies, equipment and instruments appropriately at the conclusion of the operative procedure.
- Correctly completes cleaning and/or sterile processing of instruments/equipment.
- Assists, as directed by the registered nurse with patient preparation and discharge.
- Utilizes safe patient care and work practice to minimize the potential injury to patients, fellow caregivers, and self. Utilizes PPE in daily practice including eye protection, gloves, cover gowns etc.
- Ensures that needed supplies and equipment are ready and available. Utilizes supplies appropriately. Minimizes waste.
- Completes end of day activities of putting away equipment/unused supplies and restocks room supplies, ensuring room readiness for following day or emergency procedures. Pulls cases as time allows.
- Maximizes effectiveness by planning and organizing daily work activities and consistently focuses on room and patient readiness to ensure a 0700 or 0730 first case start and minimum turnover times.
- Performs routine housekeeping functions in all areas of the department to facilitate room turnover and to ensure a safe, clean surgical environment.
- Assists throughout the department when needed to facilitate completion of surgical schedule.
- Practices safe work routine and reports safety and environmental hazards to appropriate person. Utilizes proper channels of communication.
- Adheres to hospital infection control policies and OSHA and regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to respond to hospital and departmental policy to fire drills, codes, etc.
- Attends 75% of departmental meetings and participates in department quality assurance problem identification and resolution. Helps with development of standards and policies. Acts as a mentor for students and new caregivers.
- Reports on and off duty as scheduled. Takes call as assigned.
For more information please send your resume directly to email@example.com!
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Elizabeth is a national healthcare recruiter that specializes in placing healthcare professionals into full time permanent positions across the country. She joined the KA team after graduating from Skidmore College in 2019. She is an avid Boston sports fan and when not recruiting she can be found coaching field hockey.
“It was my first time working with a recruiter and Elizabeth from KA recruiting is amazing. From our very first conversation, she helped me find the right job according to my preferences and qualifications. Communication was excellent, she constantly updates me of the progress and helps me navigate the difficult parts of the application process. She helped me find the job at a company I am still working at and currently enjoying. I highly recommend reaching out to her” – Jennifer