Salem, MA US
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing radiographs; pouring, trimming study casts.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Complies with all infection control procedures and OSHA regulations to maintain a safe and clean working environment, by decontaminating treatment rooms and sterilizing all instruments after each patient.
- In collaboration with the Dental team, maintains operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- In collaboration with the Dental Practice Manager, maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies.
- In collaboration with the Dental Practice Manager, monitors incoming and outgoing lab cases.
- Schedule accurate dental appointments.
- Provides exemplary customer service; treats patients and coworkers with courtesy and discretion. Greets and directs patients and visitors.
- Registers patients in Dentrix and Centricity, verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate and makes appropriate insurance & patient personal data (address & phone number) changes.
- Relays patient’s complaints (billing, clinical or otherwise) to Lead Dental Assistant.
- Collects payment from patients, applies payments and adjustments to patient accounts in the computer system and provide receipts.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED
- Dental Assistant and Radiology Certificate required
- One-year experience as a dental assistant
- Reliable Transportation needed
- Good working knowledge of dental equipment and terminology, OSHA and safety compliance
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced dental environment
- Superior customer service skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, professional and ability to multi task
- Good working knowledge of Dentrix and Centricity
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests
Interested in learning more? Apply Below OR contact Megan@ka-recruiting.com or call/text 617-746-2768!
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!