Marblehead, MA 01945
Seeking a full time Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join a great company in the North Shore of Boston, MA!
We are passionate about our mission, Our mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. If you are someone that shares our mission and believes that first impressions are lasting impressions, you are a great candidate for us.
We have an opening for an experienced Family NP or Family PA to work in our outpatient family community health center. 2+ years of Family Medicine Experience is required. Experience working in a community health setting is preferred.
Under the general direction of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and the direct supervision of the (Associate) Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner/Physicians Assistant, in collaboration with the physician(s) on the team, will provide continuing and comprehensive health care for the individual and family across all ages and genders. The Nurse Practitioner/Physician’s Assistant is expected to function as integral part of the Primary Care Team (PCT), sometimes as a leader and sometimes as engaged member. As a team member at our health center, you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
• Provide direct care to scheduled patients and/or walk-in patients when necessary.
• Conducts a program of care with responsibility for examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
• Obtains history and physical examinations of the patients in an ambulatory setting. Utilizes laboratory and other diagnostic services as appropriate.
• Makes a diagnosis and administers treatments based on evidence-based medicine whenever possible but always within accepted standards of care.
• Seeks outside advice and consultation as necessary; refers for specialty care and for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment when appropriate.
• Maintain strict adherence to the Confidentiality policy including HPPA guidelines
• Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
• Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
• Works as an integral member of the PCT, which include careful attention to customer service, population management, appropriate delegation and participation in the quality initiatives of the health center. Because of the inherent authority and responsibility of the position, the NP is expected to display exemplary communication skills and to lead by example.
• BSN, Certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Graduate of a certified Physician Assistant program
• Two plus years’ of experience in community or ambulatory care. Preference will be given to bilingual/bicultural individuals who are Spanish or Portuguese.
• Massachusetts Licensure
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with commitment to establishing a safe and respectful environment for team members
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
• High level of commitment for comprehensive and quality health care
• Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills
• Excellent communication and organization skills with attention to detail
• Competency in working with Microsoft Office Suite and GE Centricity is a plus
Company offers a competitive benefits plan.
For more information please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to Kristin@ka-recruiting.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!