Portland, OR US
The Histology Technician is responsible for all phases of specimen handling and slide preparation of pathology specimens. This includes quality control, quality assurance, instrument maintenance, and technical problem resolution. Additional duties include: procure, revise and maintain all histology policies/procedures as required by Federal, State, reference laboratory, new laboratory practices, and clinic needs/requirements. For this laboratory, employee will also use an immunoassay analyzer to run tests such as PSA, Free PSA, P2PSA, SHBG and Testosterone.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Certification, or equivalency, as a Histology Technician. (Alternatively, must be able to obtain certification within 6 months.)
- Must meet CLIA requirements to perform gross dissection.
- Urology (prostate biopsy and urine prep) experience preferred.
- Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Applied Arts / Science.
- Two or more years of experience in a histology laboratory.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent prior work references.
- Strong commitment to patient care and privacy guidelines
Looking to relocate? I can be a resource for that!
Want more information? Reach out to Megan at (617) 746-2768 or email resume to Megan@Ka-recruiting.com
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!