Job Summary: Responsible for accessioning specimens; preparing frozen sections, assisting in gross specimen examination, preparing fixed tissue specimens and cutting, mounting and staining tissue sections for microscopic examination by a pathologist.
- Permanent, full-time, evening shift
- Competitive pay + shift differential
- Full benefits
- Sign on bonus and/or relocation assistance (if needed)
- Performs frozen section preparations within expected time while insuring tissue is embedded properly, cut accurately, and stained correctly so that diagnosis to clinician can be made promptly.
- Performs routine, special stains, and immune histochemical stains.
- Recognizes deviations from expected results and uses judgment in determining appropriate actions.
- Assists with autopsies according to standard procedures as assigned.
- Prepares and organizes tissue specimens and assists in gross examination.
- Prepares specimens to be sent to other laboratories for testing insuring order accuracy and correct lab is chosen for testing.
- Stores or disposes of prepared specimens, slides, and blocks in a neat retrievable manner.
- Completes required daily procedures with accuracy.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Currently enrolled in a HT or HTL (ASCP) program and must obtain certification within one year of completing program or 1 year from hire date; or a certified HT or HTL (ASCP) and 1 year of experience required.
If interested, APPLY NOW or reach out to Megan at 617-746-2768 (accepts texts) or by email Megan@Ka-recruiting.com.
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!