Home Health Senior RN
Anaheim, CA 92801 US
- Full-time: 40 hours per week (Days: 8:00am - 5:00pm)
- Travel Location: Anaheim Hills, Orange, Villa Park, Yorba Linda
- The Senior Registered Nurse assists in the delivery of clinical orientation, validation of clinical competency for new and current caregivers, and provides new caregiver observation of clinical experiences. The Senior Registered Nurse is able to apply best practices, adult learning principles, coaching and mentoring skills in order to foster the growth and learning of caregivers. Senior Registered Nurses also provide direct patient care for a diverse community, as scheduling permits.
- Facilitates coordinated transitions from orientation program to independence within targeted goals.
- Tracks required orientation progress and provides progress to Clinical Educator and Clinical Leaders.
- Conducts new caregivers’ competency assessment and validates competencies throughout the orientation period.
- Validates the ongoing competencies of current clinical caregivers as directed by the Clinical Educator.
- Reviews Orientation Module content and skills with new caregivers to determine level of understanding and re-educates as necessary.
- Provides patient centered care and coordination of care for a patient population with diverse community-based healthcare needs to include:
- Develops comprehensive and patient-centered plan of care.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferencing to ensure patient quality care, patient advocacy, utilization and outcomes.
- Makes recommendations related to training and skill development to clinical education team.
- Provides comprehensive and constructive feedback for caregivers.
- Responsible for OASIS and/or review and accuracy.
- Serves in the capacity of Start of Care and or home visits when schedule allows. As such, admits patients to service, completing appropriate clinical documentation under the Clinical Manager's direction. Assesses individual status and care/instruction needed by the patient.
- Conducts supervisory visits as needed.
- Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending, participating in/conducting caregiver development/continuing education programs.
- Instructs and monitors the work of orientees in the aspects of clinical nursing relative to assigned area; educates nursing orientees concerning nursing policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Educator in planning and structuring orientation program to meet the individual orientees needs; plans daily assignments for orientees.
- Assists Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising the caregiver development activities and nursing policies and procedures.
About the client:
- Fantastic benefits and compensation package
- Diploma/degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Completes Senior Level program within 6 months of employment
- 1 year Professional nursing experience
- Current California RN license
- CA Driver's License
- Current automobile liability insurance
- Current BLS
- IV and Central lines experience.
- Experience with wound care including use of negative pressure devices.
- Home health field experience.
Interested? Apply here, or reach out to Caroline via email (email@example.com) or phone (617-746-2746). You can also schedule a time to chat using this link: https://calendly.com/caroline-ka-recruiting.
Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!