LICSW Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker Boston
Boston, MA 02101
LICSW Needed North of Boston!
*Full time and permanent position*
Looking for a new position as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker? A community health network on the north shore of Boston, MA is looking to add an experienced LICSW to their team.
• LICSW required
• Four or more years of experience and training in a community health or mental health center setting; and/or related experience in health/human services and/or social services agency
• Demonstrated strong communication skills with individuals and/or groups
• Spanish fluency preferred
• Good working knowledge of GE Centricity and computer literate in Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word.)
• Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and prioritization skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed to work within a team and/or work independently
• Maintain CEU’s as required by the state.
• Provide direct treatment to patients.
• Provide consultation to primary care staff pertaining to the behavioral health needs of their patients.
• Consult with primary care providers on an ongoing basis pertaining to the patient’s condition and patient’s medical and behavioral health care plan and treatment goals
• Provide treatment for individuals of all ages and their families as needed. Modalities used include: brief treatment; diagnostic assessments; crisis intervention; crisis prevention and management (homelessness, detox, reporting suspected child and/or elder abuse, tenant issues).
• Provide case management; referral coordination, follow-up and collaboration with area agencies; Develop and access community support services as needed.
• Provide education/information/assistance in obtaining access to long term behavioral health care and other area human service agencies.
• Provide education on chronic disease management.
• Develop self-management goals as directed by the patient care team.
• Provide culturally competent support services for patients depending on individual needs and preferences.
• Identify barriers to care, problem solving and identifying solutions both within the health center and with other agencies as needed; provide patient support and advocacy; provide informal supportive counseling and encouragement; provide direct assistance with completion of forms and making appointments; provide all necessary follow up with patients; and, coordinate and/or provide interpreting for patient appointments within and outside of the organization.
• Network/collaborate with community leaders, health care providers, community based organizations, and others who contribute to the ongoing assessment of the health needs of this group of patients.
• Conduct community outreach to: provide information/make referrals to/coordinate services; identify community resources that provide needed support for patients.
• Provide health education to individuals and groups on prevention and public health risks and problems.
• Educate staff/providers about target population and community characteristics and needs.
• Participate in supervision and team and staff meetings, as appropriate.
• Meet documentation standards in a timely fashion using the electronic health record for each patient contact, (i.e. phone calls, home visits, time with providers, collateral contact, case management and travel time).
• Keep logs, statistics of patient contacts, as required by the health center.
Essential Clinical Skills:
• Familiarity of Primary Care/Behavioral Health Integration Models
• Basic working knowledge of medical conditions
• Cognitive behavioral treatment
• Motivational Interviewing
• Relaxation and stress management techniques
• Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology and commonly prescribed medications in primary care
• Familiarity and experience working with patients who have complex medical and behavioral health issues including HIV patients and at-risk and substance-abusing populations
• Familiarity and experience working with Suboxone treatment for opiate addiction
For more information please apply directly or send your resume to email@example.com!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter